Thursday, May 27, 2010

Still No Internet: Quick Update

Hey guys, I haven't been able to hook up my internet yet in my room or get wireless here at the campus center so I hope to expand this post a lot later.

I got in Wednesday after 4 hours of sitting in the airport followed by a 15 hour flight on Qantas Airlines, which is the best airline I've ever flown. Sydney's in the middle of winter right now-which evidently means the rainy season as it was pouring all day and has been raining off and on for the past three days. The weather and the jetlag made for a horrible day, the plane landed at 8AM and it was a struggle to stay awake all day through orientation. 8PM brought one of the best sleeps of my entire life.

Thursday was a lot easier in adjusting. I got to walk around the area near our dorm and started exploring. Long story short I signed up to go on a group trip next weekend to learn how to surf two hours south of Sydney, cannot wait for that. And then we walked down to the harbour where they had a light show on the sails of the Sydney Opera House. Sydney is such an easy city to walk it took us 40 minutes to get down to the harbour and everything is amazing to look at, especially last night when they had all these outdoor exhibits as part of a month long festival.

Today we're headed on a harbour boat cruise, where I hope to get a lot of great photos from. Gotta run but I'll hopefully get on later today and give some better details of what's gone on.

No comments:

Post a Comment